Have a wonderful weekend. It looks like we will be spending ours indoors.
Miranda and Maralee
We are still living in very smokey conditions where it is unhealthy to be outdoors too much. We are surrounded by fires so no matter which direction the wind is blowing, we get smoke. This photo of the sun was taken at about 5:00 yesterday afternoon. This is just as it came out of the camera.
There is a large fire burning on the Columbia River Gorge which was set by some stupid teenagers who were tossing fireworks into a canyon. You can read about it here. There were over 150 hikers who had to be rescued because of the fire. Home have had to be evacuated and the interstate has been closed due to the fire. Things like this really make my blood boil. I do hope justice is served in this matter.
For now, we will just live with the smoke and stay indoors.
Arachnophobia: “A pathological fear or loathing of spiders.”
If you have followed my blog for any length of time, you know that I am an arachnophobe. Spiders and I do not get along. They creep me out more than just about any other insect (the large flying cockroaches we had in Hawaii are about equal with spiders).
Yesterday, I saw this very large spider in a web outside my window. Being that there was a pane of glass between the spider and me, I was able to get up close to watch it catch and devour a fly. I have tried searching the internet to identify what type of spider this is, but have not had any luck.
The spider is now gone and I hope I never see it, or any of its relatives, again.
Due to the amount of smoke in the air, we have had to stay indoors this holiday weekend. The air quality is at the “hazardous” level so we are advised not to go outdoors unless absolutely necessary. So I’ve been taking my hummingbird photos through the window.
It was difficult to get a clear shot of the dragonfly from indoors but I tried.
I’m hoping the wind will change directions this week and blow the smoke away from us.